Friday, May 29, 2009

Week in Ontario

Well, it's been a while since my last post, I know. Jill suggested that I blog, though, so here it is! My posts may be sporadic over the summer just because I'm in Nova Scotia now and the majority of my readers are probably hearing my news from me or via the family gossip line. Here are some pictures from my week in Ontario, including brunch with the family, days wandering the Art Gallery and the Royal Ontario Museum, and Niagara Falls with Louise.
The new skyline with that amazing cube building on the left.
Always my favourite section at the ROM (or any other museum), the fine jewelry.
A new favourite section: cultures from around the world, including this South African beaded doll.
Beautiful graffiti
The new look of a favourite mall in Thornhill, Promenade
Sitting in a giant chair at the Ripley's museum. Not quite sure what it was, but they said it was a photo opportunity so...
The Falls
As for my summer so far in Nova Scotia, it's been great! My latest news would be that I joined the gym so I can do my favourite fitness classes that I loved in Taiwan and Sydney. Also today I found out that my Hollywood in Halifax camp I was supposed to direct is officially cancelled. Thankfully I've had a few weeks to get used to the idea (we had only a few students register), and I think this will make for a better summer. I'm starting substitute teaching on Monday, full time for a week and then part time for all June (a writing class!) It will be nice getting the experience with university aged students and the pay is better than camp, with fewer hours and weekends free. I guess the only other news is that it is freezing in Halifax this weekend, around 8 degrees Celcius today. Brr.

No comments: