Monday, April 27, 2009

Calgary Tower

Last set of overdue pictures from the weekend in Calgary. We had a gorgeous dinner in the revolving restaurant atop Calgary Tower. The longer days of spring meant that we arrived in sunlight at 8pm and watched it set before we left a few hours later.

The food was incredible too. When I saw that "Digby scallops" were on the menu, I had to order them. There was something very surreal about eating them in such glamorous surrounds compared to the "charm" of Digby, NS where they came from (that's where camp was last summer, and I have many fond memories of scallops by the Bay of Fundy). Yes, there are only three scallops on my plate... a reminder to eat slowly.
And crème brûlée for dessert! Obviously that's my friend Amy in the picture with me, she's one of the few students who started the program full-time in the fall with me.
The weekend passed quickly, but it was a great first introduction to Calgary.

No comments: